Free to air cable box
How to Install and Set Up Free to Air Satellite TV Program Receiver System
March 12, 2016 – 12:21 pm
Method 1Installing receiver dish
- Select a location with a direct line of sight in the direction of the satellite. Generally high locations such as a rooftop or balcony are used. Using an analog compass will make locating the angle easier. In the example, this would be a location facing 95° southwest.
- Secure the dish in the selected position. The dish must be fixed tightly at the mounting point as it must be able to resist wind force. Otherwise, it might fall and injure people passing by or damage property below.
- If the dish is mounted on a wood roof, caulk around the base to make it waterproof.
- Adjust the dish direction so it points 95° southwest and tilt it up slightly. Tighten the screws controlling the direction adjustment, but do not tighten them completely.
- Connect the satellite finder using the 6 foot (1.8 m) long coaxial cable. Turn on the satellite finder and input the satellite name (Galaxy 3C) and downlink frequency number (11780 Hz). Continuous beeping with quiet intervals should be heard.
- Start rotating the dish and use the beeping to get the horizontal position correct. If the beeping interval gets shorter, you are moving in the correct direction. If it gets longer, rotate in the opposite direction.
- Tighten the rotation control screw completely to fix this angle.
- Adjust the vertical angle in the same manner as the horizontal. The receiver dish will now be positioned to catch the satellite signals at the highest quality and strength.
- Connect one end of the long outdoor coaxial cable to the satellite dish.
- Neatly staple the wire along the edge of the roof or balcony. Never leave the wire hanging freely. It could become a hazard or be damaged.
Drill a hole in the wall to pass the wire from outdoor to indoor.
- WARNING: When drilling a hold in the wall, make sure there are no electrical wires or water pipes at the position you want to drill. Drilling through a live electrical wire can cause serious electric shock injury. Drilling through a water pipe can cause water damage to the building.
Connect the wire to the receiver in the room where it is located.
Method 2Setting up receiver
The receiver needs to be configured to decode satellite signals received from the dish to convert to TV signals and transmit them to TV set.
- Turn on the receiver and your TV set that is connected with the receiver; On your TV screen, you should see the receiver performs its initialization.
- When initialization completes, press the Menu button on the receiver’s remote control; Select Setting from the menu, then “Select Satellite”; A list of preinstalled satellite names is shown on the screen; Using the Up or Down arrow key on the remote control, scroll up and down the screen to find the Galaxy-3C satellite, then press OK button to select it.
- Press the Yellow button on the remote control to start Search channels; You should see a progress bar is displayed on the screen; When the progress bar hits 100%, the search progress stops automatically, and the first channel that is found is shown on the screen.
- Press the Ch Up and Ch Down key to change channel.
- Done! Now you can watch all the free channels from Galaxy-3 orbiting 95° West longitudes.
Traxis DBS6100HD FTA Satellite Receiver True Free-to-Air High Definition Set Top Box
Home Theater (Traxis)
6' Audio Aux Cable - 3.5mm 1/8" Male to Male for Home & Car - iPhone, Android, Computer, Headphones, Speakers - Dual Strain Relief TPE (Black)
Digital HD ATSC Antenna Receiver With USB DVR Recording + Media Player Support
Home Theater (AllAboutAdapters)
X2 HD DVB-S2 Mini Digital Satellite Receiver & USB PVR Media Player (FREE TO AIR)
Home Theater (X2)
OtterBox DEFENDER SERIES Case for iPad Air 2 - Frustration Free Packaging - BLACK
Personal Computer (OtterBox)