How to get cable on TV?
All televisions will need to be autoscanned on Thursday, January 14, 2016 after 8AM to pickup the new channel lineup being provided by CUtv.
Connect coaxial cable from the wall outlet to the back of the TV.
From the wall outlet, connect cable to coaxial connector on the back of the VCR labelled "Antenna" or "Input." Then from the VCR "Output" or "To TV, " connect cable between VCR and your TV.
- Get your ORIGINAL remote control and owner's manual. Universal remotes do not often work for the following process. You must get your remote from the manufacturer to avoid other problems.
- You may need a coaxial cable to hook your TV to the cable outlet in your room. Coaxial cables are available in any audio/video store and also in many hardware stores.
- Connect one end to the round cable outlet in the wall.
- Run the other end of the cable to the back of your TV into the RF connection. The plug should be labeled CABLE or RF IN or VHF. Once you have done this, plug in your TV and position it where you want it to be. Turn on the TV.
- You may need to set your TV to recognize the cable signal since many TVs are set to receive antenna signals by default. If you have your manual, check to find out exactly how your set is supposed to be programmed. Your manual should be able to give you the best instructions because it will be talking about your specific TV. If you do not have your manual, then use your remote and follow the instructions below. Note: Some TVs detect a cable signal automatically so that all you have to do is plug in the coaxial cable, follow the on-screen prompts, and turn the set on. The TV does the rest.
- If you need to change the settings to cable, use your remote control to select the MENU or SETUP button somewhere on your remote.
- If you don't have a MENU or SETUP button, try a button that looks promising until you get an option screen. It should allow you to choose between ANTENNA and CABLE. Variations on ANTENNA may include ANT, AIR or NORMAL and CABLE might be labeled CATV.
- Change the setting to CABLE by moving a cursor to CABLE or cycling through a list of options until CABLE is visible, then pressing ENTER or EXECUTE.
- Make sure CABLE is stored in the TVs memory. To test it, after selecting CABLE, exit completely from the menu by pushing MENU again, then go back into the menu and see if CABLE is still highlighted. If it is, then it was selected properly.
- Now that you have your TV set up to receive a cable signal, all that remains is to scan and store your channels. This process stores the channels of our channel lineup into your TV's memory and deletes from memory any unused or inactive channels and the previous scanning that was used if you had cable using this TV elsewhere.
- AUTOPROGRAM is usually one of the selections where you select CABLE. Or, there may be a button on your remote which says AUTOPROGRAM, CH.SCAN, or AUTOSCAN, or something similar.
- Once you have selected or pressed AUTOPROGRAM, your screen will probably go blank or turn blue, and will begin cycling through the channels. Usually TVs are cable-ready for up to 125 channels, so allow the TV scan to finish. Don’t interrupt it, or else you may have to scan all over again.
HDE 3 RCA to USB Audio/Video A/V Camcorder Adapter Cable for TV/Mac/PC
PC Accessory (HDE)
Micro HDMI (Type D) to HDMI (Type A) Cable For Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Tablet - 6 Feet (Package include a HandHelditems Sketch Stylus Pen) (NOT COMPATIBLE WITH Kindle Fire HDX 8.9)
Digital Device Accessory (Generic)
2-Pack, Flat CAT7 Shielded RJ45 Ethernet Patch Network Cable, Professional Gold Plated Plug STP Wires, Cat 7 Networking Cable Premium/ Patch/ Modem/ Router/ LAN - 5 Feet (Black)
PC Accessory (EOFINE)
Cable Matters USB 3.0 to HDMI DVI Adapter for Windows and Mac up to 2560x1440 / 1920x1200 (103046) - Black
PC Accessory (Cable Matters)
HDMI Converter for Amazon Fire Streaming Stick: Use Amazon Fire Streaming Stick with Older TVs that have Composite (red/white/yellow) Inputs. [NOTE: AMAZON FIRE STREAMING STICK SOLD SEPARATELY]